Small Town Specialties Heirloom Black Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) These originated in Kabul Afghanistan, but were grown here locally in Colusa County, CA. What started as an experiment with just a handful of beans, became a hobby with a flourishing crop. We are excited to introduce these Heirloom Black Chickpeas, to the local food market and throughout the US.
These Heirloom Black Chickpeas are a smaller bean, with a firm texture, and have a smoky flavor that is memorable. Non-Gmo and Gluten-free!
These beans are dried, so the shelf life is a couple of years, if kept in a cool dry environment.
These are your typical dried bean. So please sort, rinse, and soak overnight before cooking.
There are many different ways to cook/use these chickpeas:
- Throw some in a crockpot with your favorite broth, onions, spices and bay leaf
- Cowboy Caviar- a crowd favorite appetizer! Check out our Pinterest for recipe
- Roasted Chickpeas- a great snack or appetizer!
- Chickpea burgers- a vegetarian patty, also on our Pinterest.
- Chickpea "Meatless" balls-
- Chickpea "flourless" chocolate brownies.
There are approximately 7 servings per 23oz bag.
Packaged in a facility that handles Lupin and Tree nuts.
For wholesale inquiries, please email email@example.com